- Opt-ins are most important
- If people do not want your mail, your reputation suffers
- Receivers and metrics are judge and jury when it comes to getting delivered to the inbox.
- You can not transfer your reputation from your previously used IP.
- If you use the same domain that reputation can follow you, however ISPs like Gmail use the reputation of the domain coupled with the reputation of the IP therefore you must follow the warm-up process.
- ISPs trust metrics from their users and what they observe therefore no Brand will get special treatment over another.
- B2B senders must follow the same warm-up process as B2C senders as many business domains are now hosted by Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail, AOL, etc.